Below is the week's outlook for the Carrboro Community Gardening Coalition at the MLK garden.
9/30 - 10/6
We received the well test results from the county confirming that the well water is drinkable. We expect a go-ahead from the town and to install and purchase the cistern as a first step.
- Continue watering where flags are. Sign up at: CCGC_Watering_Sign-up
- Purchase and pickup cistern early in the week (volunteer needed).
- Fill all water containers (including rain catchment barrels) with well water for the week’s watering.
- Get final go ahead from town since results came back showing that the water is good.
- Extend well head per county request.
- More mulch pickups. Sign up sheet found at: CCGC_Mulch#Gardeners_Deliverers_Sign-Up_Sheet
- Perennials planting more info at: CCGC_MLK_Planting#Perennials
- Put sign on well house, cistern and hose end: “No Drinking”
- Continue work on Health and wellness Trust Fund Fit Communities Grant Professional Service Contract with Partnership.